Recovery mode and dfu mode differs in its functions.Recovery mode uses iboot during upgrading and restoring your iphone but DFU mode do not undergo iboot so that it is able to downgrade the current firmware running on your version.So firmware downgrading can be done only in DFU mode and not in recovery mode.So,if you want to upgrade your firmware version you simply need to put your iphone in recovery mode and itunes will perform it for you.But if you want to downgrade your iphone firmware then DFU is the only solution.
Doesnt allow downgrade of firmware unless it is pwned since it loads iboot.
The device in dfu mode doesn’t load iboot and hence can be downgraded to lower firmware versions.The screen during DFU appears black like switched off.No iboot and also os is not loaded.Hence it is easy to downgrade or upgrade using pwnage tool.
How to enable recovery mode in iphone:
- Switch off the iphone and disconnect the cables if connected.
- Press and hold the home button.
- During holding the home button connect it to a computer with a cable or dock.
- You will see a “connect to itunes”screen and you are now in recovery mode.
How to exit from recovery mode:
To escape from recovery mode and power off the phone hold the power and home buttons for about 5-10 seconds.
How to enable DFU mode in Iphone:
- First connect your iphone to your pc.
- Now you have to turn off your iphone.
- Then hold power and home button together for about 10 seconds.
- Then release the power button but continue holding the home button until your pc beeps that an “usb device is recognised”.
- Now,within few seconds itunes will detect you iphone.
- Note that if you have a restore logo in screen you are in recovery mode and not DFU.For DFU only black screen appears.
- How to upgrade/unlock iphone 3G with 2.2.1
- How to force iphone O.S 3.0 TO quit restart and reset
- How to unlock or jailbreak iphone 2g to os 3.0 using redsn0w
- Download Quickpwn for iphone os 3.0 beta 5 jailbreaking
- How to Downgrade iphone 3G baseband from 4.26 to 2.28
- How to force quit and restart apps in iphone os 3.0