Windows live hotmail by msn is one of the largest web mail provider.hotmail has numerous users around the world.microsoft recently announced pop3 access for hotmail and hence you can configure hotmail in mail softwares or in mail application of mac,windows and linux.
How to setup hotmail in OS x mail.app:
1.select the mail.app in os x.
2.click on mail/preferences/ and then click on accounts.
3.click on add a new account.
4.when it asks for type select pop and give the account a description.
5.note that the below information should be given correctly in the mail account
incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
username: your hotmail address
password: your password
see the image below
7.set the outgoing server smtp.live.com and check authentication.
if you have followed correctly,then you would have successfully configures windows live hotmail to work on your OS X mail.app
- How to enable facebook chat on pidgin in windows
- How to make windows xp remember last opened files and folders
- How to reset-change user account password in mac osx
- How to reset administrator password in mac OS X
- How to switch back to your old Yahoo mail classic interface
- Tutorial: how to use Windows phone 7 accelerometer sensor in Windows 7